Hello friends! New guest and Star Wars trivia-master extraordinaire Tyler Davis joins me this week’s episode of The Exhaust Port to discuss his fandom, as well as the past, present, and potential future of the Star Wars universe. We leave no stone unturned, and the episode really moves quickly. We’ve highlighted a few points below for your reference:
- we get a feel for Tyler’s fandom baseline, and he gives a unique insight into growing up in the era of the Special Editions and the Prequels, contrasted with Todd’s experience as a grown-ass man during that period – how was the fandom different from today?;
- collecting and the thrill and agony of the hunt;
- when is Lucasfilm going to really start paying attention to the pent-up demand for Prequel-era content?;
- the lobby has begun to ‘Give Hux a spine in IX’!;
- we diss on Mike Zeroh and SW Theory a little. Just a little;
- we bond over our love for Galaxy of Heroes, and wax on the sad state of Star Wars gaming in general;
- the praises of DJ and Canto Bight are sung, and we wonder if Constable Zuvio could be Rey’s baby daddy, since Todd is talking about Force babies and prophecies again (you’ll just have to listen);
- come on Lucasfilm, give us more OG aliens!;
- Tyler is going to Star Wars Celebration in Chicago, Todd (probably) isn’t;
- lastly, is Kylo Ren an irredeemable doofus?
Overall, this was a super-fun episode to record, and I hope to have Tyler on more frequently. In the meantime, feel free to drop us a line, or more importantly, a stellar review! Enjoy.